Full-time / Permanent
Spirit Cartel is looking to appoint a Marketing Manager on a full-time and permanent basis. We have the perfect environment to allow for creativity and freedom in order to produce activity that cuts against the grain.
Working with the Spirit Cartel team the Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and day to day running of a portfolio of premium spirit brands, to deliver sustainable and profitable increments and will also provide input into the strategic direction of the overall business. The role will be responsible for instigating promotional activation to support increased distribution and sales.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Challenge the “norm” of the industry to create activity and activation that sets Spirit Cartel and its customers apart.
- Develop and deliver successful strategies and plans that drive sales results and distribution.
- Work within agreed budgets.
- Develop and implement successful and innovative communication strategies (embracing relevant advertising, PR and promotions).
- Ensure all plans are based on relevant insights; trade shopper behaviour and attitudes, market place dynamics and a detailed competitor understanding.
- Monitor and control brand profitability, reviewing pricing and A&P as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that each brand has a clear and compelling brand positioning, so that the communication and brand message is consistent.
- Have regular reviews with brand owners, in addition to doing ad hoc reporting so that all relevant parties are kept informed of activity.
- Actively ensure that mechanisms are in place to align channel strategies to brand strategies, and that the key brand messages are effectively delivered to the consumer.
- Use monitoring and controlling processes to ensure brands are on track to achieve target, implementing corrective action when necessary.
The Successful Candidate will hold the below attributes:
- Creative flair and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Proven ability to create and manage a marketing plan by brand.
- Practical knowledge of collecting, analysing and using market data.
- K. drinks off-trade/ on-trade experience or knowledge.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Highly computer literate, using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and numerical with good attention to detail, with the ability to interpret a Profit & Loss sheet and assimilate data quickly.
- Strong ability to plan and manage tastings and handle after hour events.
- Able to seek and create opportunities in a challenging economic environment – essential.
- Be able to plan effectively, handle a high workload without supervision, ensuring tight deadlines are achieved.
The appointed candidate will become an integral part of a family business, receive a competitive salary, company pension and 23 days annual leave (rising to 24 days after 5 years’ service and 25 days after 10 years’ service) plus bank holidays. In addition you will receive exceptional training and support.
How to Apply:
Please forward your CV with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org to demonstrate why you would like to be part of our forwards moving and friendly team.
Closing Date for applications is 3 July 2018. Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to interview prior to this date.
We cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Spirit Cartel within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.