Full-time / Permanent
Spirit Cartel is a spirits distribution, sales and marketing agency representing a variety of premium producers from around the world. We specialise in sales, specifically by increasing brand distribution across all trade channels (from multiple retailers to cocktail bars).
Working with Spirit Cartel and across our sister company, Berkmann Wine Cellars and its business divisions, the Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for instigating promotional activation to support increased distribution and sales. You will run a portfolio of spirit brands, including overall category responsibility, to deliver sustainable and profitable increments.
- Develop and deliver plans, objectives and strategies that drive sales results for key agency brands and various business divisions
- Develop and implement successful and innovative communication strategies (embracing relevant advertising, PR and promotions)
- Ensure all plans are based on relevant insights, trade shopper behaviour and attitudes, market place dynamics and a detailed competitor understanding
- Monitor and control brand profitability, reviewing pricing and A&P as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring that each brand has a clear and compelling brand positioning, so that the communication and brand message is consistent
- Have regular reviews with brand owners, in addition to doing ad hoc reporting so that all relevant parties are kept informed of activity
- Actively ensure that mechanisms are in place to align channel strategies to brand strategies, and that the key brand messages are effectively delivered to the consumer
- Use monitoring and controlling processes to ensure brands are on track to achieve target, implementing corrective action when necessary
- Gain and increase visibility for brands across both consumer and trade traditional printed media
- Manage the internal digital and social media platforms
- Plan and manage trade and consumer events
- Work closely with different departments in Spirit Cartel and Berkmann Wine Cellars to achieve success
- Make a difference – Champion and articulate our company internally and externally whilst constantly challenging the way we do business to increase Sales and Gross Profit.
- The activities referred to above are not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities involved with this role
- Proven ability to create and manage a Trade Marketing plan by brand – essential
- Experience of working with Brand Owners and strategic brand development – essential
- Practical knowledge of using and interpreting Market data [e.g. AC Nielsen data and TGI] – essential
- Ability to source and interpret market data for maximum brand benefit – essential
- K. drinks off-trade/ on-trade experience or knowledge – essential
- Excellent written & verbal communication – essential
- Highly computer literate, using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – essential
- Analytical and numerical with good attention to detail, with the ability to interpret a Profit & Loss sheet and assimilate data quickly – essential
- Able to communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels – essential
- Strong ability to plan and manage tastings and handle after hour events – essential
- Able to seek and create opportunities in a challenging economic environment – essential
- Experience of providing excellent customer service – essential
- Commercially and financially astute, with sound business judgement and the ability to make effective decisions – essential
- Be able to plan effectively, handle a high workload without supervision, ensuring tight deadlines are achieved – essential
- Educated to degree level – desirable
- Experience of selling luxury brands – desirable
This role is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. But it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
The appointed candidate will receive a market aligned salary, company pension and 23 days annual leave.
The closing date for this post is 26 January 2018. Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to interview prior to this date.
How to apply – If you fit our requirements and want to work for a company who is more than just another supplier please send a brief email, enclosing your CV to: email@example.com.
1st stage: If you fit our requirements and want to work for a company who is more than just another supplier please send a brief email, enclosing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd stage: Any applicants with suitable CVs will be contacted to discuss their experience and suitability for the post.
3rd stage: If successful following the phone discussion, candidates will be invited to attend a first interview.
4th stage: If successful following their first interview, candidates will be invited to attend a second interview and will be asked to do a presentation.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.